Sunday, February 12, 2012

Positive Press for the Pitties!

my little love bugs
These past few weeks have brought some well deserved media to our pibble family members. Instead of the negative news articles that completely misrepresent our lovable breed, there's been a few positive ones. Here's one of my favorite clips from ABC 15 news. 



We've obviously all heard of the McDonald's ad comparing the 'risk' of trying their food and petting a stray pit bull. After I was furious with them for taking advantage of the negative media surrounding our dogs, I was then happy and proud of our pit bull family for the fierce responses and comments sticking up for what we believe in. 

Here's another positive Pit Bull video that John found from youtube. It's a bit intense and emotional, but regardless shows how loving and loyal these sweet dogs truly are. 



This article which was posted on Yahoos front page had some nice things to say regarding Pittie's. The article states "The pit bull has been given a bad rap for years because of their use in dog-fighting rings, but those that are bred as pets can be just as loving as any Cocker Spaniel.  Ignorance of the breed perpetuates the myth, as evidenced by a recent McDonald’s ad." Click here for the full article. 

 This feels like a step in the right direction. This along with BSL being overturned in multiple cities. One of these being Miami-Dade, and another state wide BSL repeal which will hopefully be signed into law by Governor John Kasich, Ohio HB 14.

However there's always progress to be made. I'll leave you with this lovely picture my uncle sent to me and this quote by Edward Everett.. "I am only one, But still I am one. I cannot do everything, But still I can do something; And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."

Everyone can do something <3





No comments:

Post a Comment